On February 24, Facebook introduced its latest application: an ads manager app. This app is intended to satisfy the growing need for mobile ad campaigns, as Facebook now has 2 million advertisers, 500,000 of whom have been added since July 2014. The application, Facebook says, gives marketers “more power to manage ads from anywhere.”
Facebook first launched its Ads Manager tool, which was initially part of the mobile site, in July 2014. The feature is now used by over 800,000 advertisers every month, according to VentureBeat. Now, Ads Manager is a separate app, a smart move on Facebook’s part, considering that mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 69% of its advertising revenue for the fourth quarter of 2014 (up from approximately 53% in the fourth quarter of 2013).
“Small business owners are really hard to reach and they are not tech savvy usually,” Facebook’s chief operating officer, Sheryl Sandberg, said in an interview. The simple interface of the application allows users to create and edit ads directly from their smartphones. The user-friendly application, now available on iOS in the U.S., allows advertisers to:
- Track their ad campaigns
- Create ads
- Advertisers can use photos from their iPhones or from previous page posts.
- Edit ads
- Advertisers can edit text, change images, adjust schedules, and change their maximum daily and lifetime budgets.
- See their advertising results
- Receive push notifications
- These notify advertisers of when their ads are about to expire, how their ads are performing, and when they are near their spending limit.
The iOS app will be released globally in a few weeks, and an Android app is expected to launch later this year. To download the app, go to Apple’s app store.