The year 2014 saw an enormous spike in mobile usage and an introduction of many new marketing techniques. Expectations for 2015 are high, and optimizing your website for mobile viewers is becoming essential.

  1. SEO optimization is crucial.

This week, CIO published an article titled SEO and SEM Predictions for 2015, citing a report from Marin Software that marketers spent 49% of their paid search dollars on mobile platforms during the 2014 holiday season.

Google prefers mobile-friendly sites. If you want your website to appear on the first page of Google’s search results, make it mobile-friendly. LinkedIn tells us, “If you don’t have a ‘responsive website design’ or a mobile website you stand to lose search engine ranking. That means fewer people will find your site and become customers/clients/patients.”

  1. Mobile email optimization is just as important.

Mobile devices appear to be taking over desktops when it comes to email open rates. According to Litmus, 53% of emails are now opened on mobile devices, while Outlook opens have decreased by 33%.

Campaigner recently held a survey on marketing trends identifying specific areas of focus for the year 2015, and the results revealed companies’ eagerness to boost their email marketing strategies. Over 62% of respondents ranked email marketing as one of the top ROI generators, followed by social media (26%), SEO (25%) and offline direct marketing (20%). Furthermore, 53% of respondents reported that higher click-through rates and email interaction are the number one email marketing priorities for 2015.

Convinced you need to boost your email marketing campaign? This TREW Marketing article on 2015 marketing trends is a great place to start, as the writer takes into account the various types of devices consumers use to access their email accounts.

  1. Customers prefer apps.

According to SmartInsights.com, 80% of Internet users own a smartphone. One article reveals data from Nielsen’s study on monthly usage of app and mobile web. The study shows that consumers spend 89% of media time in mobile apps. The other 11% of time spent on media is through the mobile web.

If apps are popular on smartphones, they will certainly be popular with wearable devices, such as Apple Watch. Mobile app developers must shift their focus from smartphones to wearable device applications, July Systems tell us.

  1. Mobile payment will only expand from here.

Just yesterday, Mobile Payments Today published a report that mobile accounts for 25% of online transactions in the fourth quarter of 2014. Since customers prefer apps, then it only makes sense that mobile payment is increasing in popularity. Marketing Land emphasizes the importance of mobile payment, mentioning the groundbreaking release of Apple Pay this past fall.

Brands can employ mobile payments to make buying experiences easier for their customers. Take Starbucks as a prime example, named Mobile Marketer of the Year in 2010 and 2012, and the 1st runner’s-up for 2014. The app acts not only as a payment method but also as a quick and easy way to earn rewards through the My Starbucks Rewards® program.

 

Ready to boost your mobile marketing strategies?

Check out Marketing Dive’s list of 4 mobile marketing startups to watch in 2015, all of which are excellent tools to help you increase your mobile revenue and further develop your mobile marketing strategies.